- Click here to log-in to CIBC Online Banking.
- Not sure what an Interac e-Transfer is? Check out this help article for a short explainer video and FAQs about the service and how it works.
How to send an e-Transfer with CIBC's mobile application.
Not using the app? Scroll down for step-by-step instructions for sending an e-transfer using CIBC Online Banking.
Step 1: Sign on to Online Banking or the Mobile Banking App.
Once signed in, select Interac e-Transfer. This will take you to the Send Money page.
Step 2: Choose a contact.
If you've shopped with us before
- From the Recipient dropdown menu, select MSC.
If you haven't shopped with us before
- If our name is not on your list, add it by selecting Manage Recipients. Then select Add new contact and enter the following details:
Recipient (Company Name)
Your order # (e.g. #12345)
Let's make every day
Step 3: Enter amount and account.
- Enter the total order amount
- Select the account you’d like to transfer money from
- Enter your order # in the message.
- Select Next.
- Under "Security question," enter "Let's make every day"
- Under "Security response," enter "better"
- Select Next.
Step 4: Review details and send.
- Desktop: Select Send Money.
- Mobile Banking App: Select Yes.
We will receive a notification up to 45 minutes after you've sent it.
What you'll need
- An email address: Your email will help contacts identify you
- A CIBC bank account: Your account needs to be open and active
- A computer or mobile phone: Register your bank account with CIBC Online Banking® or the CIBC Mobile Banking® App.
Interac e-Transfer fees
- $1.50 per transaction to send money
- Free to receive money
- $3.50 to stop a transaction
Some CIBC accounts include unlimited Interac e-Transfer transactions.
Amounts you can send
- No minimum: Send as little as you want
- $3,000: Maximum amount you can send within a 24-hour period
- $10,000: Maximum amount you can send within a 7-day period
- $30,000: Maximum amount you can send within a 30-day period